[SR-Users] Running both 4.3 and 4.4 with the same database with permission module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:33:53 CEST 2016

On 18/08/16 17:19, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 03:50:53PM +0200, Alex Hermann wrote:
>>> I want to upgrade my cluster from 4.3 to 4.4, beginning with the spare
>>> for live testing. But since there is a change to the trusted table
>>> (which we don't use, only address) this isn't possible without some
>>> tricks. There is no override for skipping the version check on any
>>> permissions table.
>> The changes are backwards compatible with the old version. You can just use
>> another "version" table on the new instance.
>>
>> http://sip-router.org/wiki/cookbooks/core-cookbook/devel#version_table
>>
>> Seems docs haven't made it to kamailio.org.
> Perfect. Just what is needed in this kind of scenario.
Just to add a note for a kind of alternative -- for more complex cases,
when tables are no longer backward compatible, the solution can be using
table views within a different database. Of course, provided that you
use a sql server that has support for views (e.g., mysql).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org