[SR-Users] detect failed socket

Péter Barabás Peter.Barabas at minerva-soft.com
Thu Aug 18 15:54:46 CEST 2016

Hello,

I want to refine the instant message handling in our application. It works really fine in most cases. I use the msilo module to store offline messages if the user is not registered with sending PUSH notification.
But, there is a situation when I have problems:
When I send a message to a user whose phone is in airplane mode. In this case his location record exists but the communication on the socket is not possible and the client timed out the request.

Is it possible to check the socket towards the receiver user at the moment when the message arrives at Kamailio? I think if I would check that if the socket is not fine, I could send the message to the msilo directly and the client would not have wait for timeout to resend.

Thanks.

Peter