[SR-Users] dmq_usrloc for writing to DB on one machine

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Tue Oct 20 17:24:39 CEST 2015

Hi,

I evaluated the dmq_usrloc module, and it works pretty good if there are
two identical machines which replicate their location with each other. But
what I actually want to do is to send registrations to an extra machine
which is just there for writing the location into a central DB (in one
table for all the registrars), from where it can be accessed (by a web page
for example).

So for example, I have three machines, registrar 1 and registrar 2, and
receiver. receiver will never interact with customers. It is just there for
writing the location into the database.

I configured both registrars to send their packets to receiver, and I
configured the receiver to send its packets (which it actually never does)
to a dns name containing both registrars. But after reading the content of
some PING messages and reading something about "autodiscovery" of dmq on
the mailing list, I'm not sure whether my scenario will work the way I want
it to.

Can somebody explain whether I can use dmq_usrloc for this purpose? Or is
it only intended to be used for bidirectional replication?

Best Regards,
Sebastian