[SR-Users] Kamailio hardware requirements

Mickael Marrache mickaelmarrache at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:17:58 CET 2015

Hi,

We are currently deploying an entire architecture composed of load
balancers, proxies and media relays. All the components except the media
relays are Kamailio instances. The media relays are RTP proxy instances.

We are trying to determine the hardware requirements for the different
servers.

We will start with an architecture composed of:

.         2 load balancers (one kept as backup to ensure availability)

.         2 proxies (load is balanced over the 2 using the DISPATCHER
module)

.         2 media relays

We are trying to determine the recommended hardware for the different
components taking into account we will need to serve around 400000 users.

How many registrations per second can Kamailio support?

How many concurrent calls can Kamailio support?

What is the recommended number of children processes?

What is the recommended size for PKG memory?

What is the recommended size for SHM memory?

Thanks for your help,

Mickael