[SR-Users] auth_diameter module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:42:47 CET 2015

Hello,

the module hasn't be used for long time and was developed when diameter
was a draft (like 2003 -- iirc). Not being demanded, it was no focus on
it and somehow marked as obsolete. I expect to be easy to fix/update if
there is any issue. If you can, give it a try and report the results.

On 19/03/15 15:49, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Does Kamailio still support authentication using the auth_diameter module?
>
> There is a note on the modules page stating the module is now obsolete.
>

> “NOTE: diameter support was developed for DISC (DIameter Server Client
> project at http://developer.berlios.de/projects/disc/). This project
> seems to be no longer maintained and DIAMETER specifications were
> updated in the meantime. Thus, the module is obsolete and needs rework
> to be usable with opendiameter or other DIAMETER servers.”
>

> Is the page referring to this module or the DISC?
>

> Are there perhaps any other ways to do authentication with Kamailio
> using diameter?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015