[SR-Users] Kamailio hardware requirements

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:21:16 CET 2015

Hello,

another metric is how many tcp/tls connections you have to handle. Also,
if you do caching or db only user location.

For the proxies, a decent server these days (4-8 cores) with 2GB of
shared memory and 12MB of private memory for kamailio should be enough.
16 to 32 children should be enough, more is no longer that efficient,
either you have some slow components (e.g., database, dns), or too much
traffic/users that you need another box.

You may need to tune some of the parameters from usrloc (if you use
caching) for better performances.

On 19/03/15 21:17, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are currently deploying an entire architecture composed of load
> balancers, proxies and media relays. All the components except the
> media relays are Kamailio instances. The media relays are RTP proxy
> instances.
>

> We are trying to determine the hardware requirements for the different
> servers.
>

> We will start with an architecture composed of:
>
> ·         2 load balancers (one kept as backup to ensure availability)
>
> ·         2 proxies (load is balanced over the 2 using the DISPATCHER
> module)
>
> ·         2 media relays
>

> We are trying to determine the recommended hardware for the different
> components taking into account we will need to serve around 400000 users.
>

> How many registrations per second can Kamailio support?
>
> How many concurrent calls can Kamailio support?
>
> What is the recommended number of children processes?
>
> What is the recommended size for PKG memory?
>
> What is the recommended size for SHM memory?
>

> Thanks for your help,
>
> Mickael

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015