[SR-Users] interconnect 2 Kamailio server

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri Jun 26 10:50:17 CEST 2015

On Friday 26 June 2015 07:51:55 kai.ohnacker at cbc.de wrote:
> my starting idea was to create a SIP infrastructure with Kamailio as
> registrar and any SBC. The SBC should handle the NATing that Kamailio is
> reachable from outside. I try out the SEMS and Blox, but these solutions
> didn't work.  Now, I'm running out of time and need an alternate solution
> for my task. One requirement is to locate the Kamailio server in the
> private network. If you have any better idea, pls give me feedback. :-)

I'm not going to do your homework/class assignment :)

> I found the following howto:
>
> http://kb.asipto.com/freeswitch:kamailio-3.3.x-freeswitch-1.2.x-sbc
>
> Is it possible to integrate this example in Kamailio 4.2.0?

There is no real difference in using freeswitch or kamailio, apart from the
capabilities that these servers have.

Kamailio as sbc in the middle just needs to pass external to internal and vice
versa. You have to look into setups with forwarding between different
interfaces, forcing the rtpproxy for all requests and forwaring everything
that is not the private kamailio to this private kamailio (with sanitiy
checks).

The private kamailio essentially has the config from above url with the dmz
kamailio as pstn gateway.

You will lack capabilities as transcoding and voicemail that a freeswitch
could do. So you may need to implement this (on/in the private
server/network).