[SR-Users] Possible bug in TM module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:37:21 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 22/04/15 11:26, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I just got the following issue when stopping kamailio.
>

> kamailio[7279]: NOTICE: <core> [main.c:682]: handle_sigs(): Thank you
> for flying kamailio!!!
>
> kamailio[7279]: ERROR: ctl [ctl.c:369]: mod_destroy(): ERROR: ctl:
> could not delete unix socket /tmp/kamailio_ctl: Operation not
> permitted (1)
>
> kamailio[7279]: : <core> [mem/f_malloc.c:586]: fm_free(): BUG:
> fm_free: bad pointer 0x4f2dec6200000000 (out of memory block!), called
> from tm: h_table.c: free_cell(138) - aborting
>

> I always get the first ERROR when I stop kamailio, I need to look at
> the permissions. However, the next one is a bug.

the first one should be fixed with the new release. With old versions,
ctl module doesn't inherits the user/group set by the core, you would
have to set it in the ctl module via params.

The second can happen in very rare cases -- if there was a transaction
in the process of freeing, then signal interrupted it. Parts of the
transaction structure that were freed could have been allocated already
and value overwritten. But the transaction itself was not removed from
the list, so the main process will attempt a cleanup at shutdown, ending
in some invalid pointer data.

If you get it every time, then is likely a bug. If you get it very rare,
then it can be the above case.

Perhaps we can add a flag saying it is shutdown where to be more
flexible in handling these situations.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015