[SR-Users] send_reply in app_java or app_mono?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:32:28 CEST 2014

Again, I can't help on using app_java.

As for app_mono, which I developed more as an experiment, not really
using it, sending a reply from a mono script is not possible at this
moment. I exported just a few functions to the mono module, sending
replies are not among them. If someone wants to take the lead and add
new features to app_mono, I would happily assist.

The limitation of executing only config functions without parameter
comes from the design of the config functions which do so called 'fixup'
at startup -- this is a mechanism that pre-compile the parameters in a
binary form, which is then used for executing the functions during
runtime. Thus executing a function with string parameter can lead to a
crash.

But you can return values back to the script via config variables and
use them as parameter to sl send reply functions. See:

- http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/embeddedapi/4.1.x/mono#class_pv

In terms of embedded interpreters, app_lua has the largest set of
Kamailio functions exported to Lua -- see its API in the wiki.