[SR-Users] Disabling rtpengine abrt handler

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jun 22 17:16:40 CEST 2014

On 06/22/2014 11:15 AM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:

> I've been through the same problem some time ago, even with the same
> misleading syslog message. Turned out the core file was not where the
> logs said they were put, but in the exact working directory where I
> manually started the service.

I looked, but unfortunately it's not there.

> Try running rtpengine without the init.d scripts. Rtpengine has its way
> of daemonizing itself anyway.

I already do that.

> If you are unlucky even after doing this, maybe a standard shell find
> could help you.
>
> # find / -name core.<pid-reported-in-the-logs> -type f
> # find / -name core.1123 -type f

Yep, other core files from previous mediaproxy-ng crashes are in the
working directory of invocation. But not this one. And it's this one
that I really need.

I guess I'll just wait for next time. Of course, I did disable 'abrtd'
entirely. I hope whoever came up with this shit takes a warm piss on a
high-amperage power line.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC