[SR-Users] Disabling rtpengine abrt handler

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:15:05 CEST 2014

I've been through the same problem some time ago, even with the same
misleading syslog message. Turned out the core file was not where the logs
said they were put, but in the exact working directory where I manually
started the service.

Try running rtpengine without the init.d scripts. Rtpengine has its way of
daemonizing itself anyway.

If you are unlucky even after doing this, maybe a standard shell find could
help you.

# find / -name core.<pid-reported-in-the-logs> -type f
# find / -name core.1123 -type f

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> On 06/22/2014 10:59 AM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
>
>  The core file is usually stored in the working directory where the
>> executable was invoked.
>>

> Yeah, if it's not being caught and then mishandled by a specious endeavuor
> like ABRT, conceived by cretins and imbeciles.
>

> --
> Alex Balashov - Principal
> Evariste Systems LLC
> Tel: +1-678-954-0670