[SR-Users] Kamailio with rtpproxy-ng and mediaproxy-ng: Error rewriting SDP

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Thu Jul 24 15:44:18 CEST 2014

On 24/07/14 09:27 AM, Olli Heiskanen wrote:

> That's odd... I pulled a new version from git master 4 days ago, and
> copied the compiled rtpengine to /usr/sbin, which is running. (although
> might help verifying the version if command rtpengine --version gave
> actual output instead of 'undefined') :)
>
> Any chance my environment might cause something like this? For example I
> can't use kernel packet forwarding as I'm running these on a virtual
> server. I don't think this problem has anything to do with the kernel
> module but maybe something environment related (virtual server, nat,
> having Asterisk on the side, etc...), or maybe the way I've written my
> config?

I can't imagine what. The selection of active/passive is pretty
straightforward and doesn't depend on much of anything. The
offer/answer/delete commands as reproduced in full in the log are all
the input that rtpengine gets, and with the same input it should always
produce the same result.

The only thing to consider is that in your pasted log, the "offer"
command is truncated in the SDP and so some of the flags are missing. I
don't think they would make a lot of difference though, and I tried a
few different variations and still couldn't reproduce it.

cheers