[SR-Users] RTPProxy/Mediaproxy issue

Ravi wingsravi777 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:23:46 CET 2014

Dear Daniel,

thank you very much for the reply,

As you suggested i did sip/rtp traffic analysis using tcpdump and wireshark
captures.
Using Wireshark, i tried to analyse RTP packet loss and it is as follows:
1) Client A to RTPproxy
    Total RTP packets Sent: 1776 , RTP packets lost : 1060 (59.68%), Mean
Jitter: 25ms

2) RTPproxy to Client B
    Total RTP packets Sent: 1776 , RTP packets lost : 1060 (59.68%), Mean
Jitter: 25ms

     client A ------59.68%------> RTPproxy ------59.68%------> Client B

It seems like RTP packets are dropped before they reached RTPproxy server,
With this i should have to look into my hardware between Client A to
RTPproxy right ?
And with this i have one more question that :(Sorry if it is silly
question, I am newbie in this)
How that RTP packets sent and lost ratios are same before and after
RTPproxy server ? i mean If Packets are dropping before reaching RTPproxy
,then RTPproxy has suppose to forward the packets as much it recieves (i.e
Recieved packets= Packets sent - Packets lost). but then how this before
and after RTPproxy Packets ratio is same ?

And i have attached Tcpdump based SIP captures for your better
understanding.
Also find my Kamailio config file and please suggest me about anything can
be done on script level to fine tune this issue ?

Please help  me in resolving this issue.

Awaiting your reply,

Regards,
Ravi

kamailio.cfg (43K) <http://sip-router.1086192.n5.nabble.com/attachment/125289/0/kamailio.cfg>