[SR-Users] RTPProxy/Mediaproxy issue

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Fri Feb 21 18:52:34 CET 2014

Hi Ravi,
yes it means that when RTP traffic passes through your media-relay you have traffic, if you don't use media-realy RTP traffic is end-to-end between clients.

To check jitter and other values you can capture your SIP/RTP traffic on your kamailio server with "tcpdump" for example and analyze the call with wireshark.
In particular, analyzing RTP traffic you will be able to see jitter value between Client A->rtpproxy and rtpproxy->Client B.
So you can check if the traffic is already jittered or not.
If not, it means that your server is adding jitter.

Daniel