[SR-Users] What is required to enable TLS on non-standard port?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Feb 13 16:24:54 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM, <info at vintageelectronics.ca> wrote:

> Kamailio running in Fedora 19 box. The client (Jitsi) can only connect
> over TCP.
> If connecting over UDP, the clients connect, but cannot send/receive
> messages.
> Cannot connect over TLS at all. Ultimately I will need to run with TLS
> over 5065 port or higher.
>
> Tried using different listen directives, different port directive, but
> kamailio either does not start, or only listening on one TCP port.

Post your listen directives and we'll take a look. Should be something like
this:

    listen=tls:192.0.2.1:5061

You'll also need a tls.cfg. Have you defined one?

    enable_tls=yes
    modparam("tls", "config", "/etc/kamailio/tls.cfg")

Sounds like you may have some crazy firewall issues going on, which might be
causing your issues. You might try Sipsak from the local host.

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/sipsak/

Corey