[SR-Users] switch kamailio to domain

Mihai Marin marinmihai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:21:38 CEST 2014

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your answer. I managed to fix 20 minutes ago but the issue (I
think) is in the RLS module. I had to add outbound_proxy and change the
server_address parameters for the RLS to the real domain that ponts to
kamailio.

Previous (when this was not working) I had
modparam("rls", "server_address", "sip:rls at domain.com")
The fix was:
modparam("rls", "server_address", "sip:rls at sip.domain.com")
modparam("rls", "outbound_proxy", "sip:sip.domain.com")

I'm like a beginner with this beautiful technology but I can't understand
why this is happening. The RLS module checks for A record instead of SRV
record in the DNS?

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail, my DNS configuration for domain.com
is:
A records:
@  - > a web server ip
sip - > kamailio's ip
SRV records:
_sip._udp.domain.com -> sip.domain.com:5060

In my theory (what I understood) is that kamailio checks for the SRV
record. So, to identify the IP, will follow the steps:
1. check SRV record (_sip._proto.domain.com) for domain.com ......
sip.domain.com:5060
2. check A record for sip.domain.com.......xx.xx.xx.xx
3. send to xx.xx.xx.xx:5060
In a multidomain scenario, all the domains should have the SRV record in
DNS pointing to sip.domain.com:5060.

I can't see how this RLS could work with a multi-domain scenario. Is it
correct? Do I misunderstand something in the theory?

I hope I don't tell stupid things here.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mihai M