[SR-Users] switch kamailio to domain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:34:55 CEST 2014

Hello,

rls shouldn't do any dns query internally (I haven't really checked the
code, but I don't see a reason for it) -- all dns things (including srv)
are done at relaying time by core and tm module.

On the other hand, kamailio needs to know what are the local domains
(which domains are to be served by kamailio). This is done by doing
reverse dns query on all IPs kamailio is listening on, and afaik, that
cannot follow to dns srv.

It the case that Kamailio has to server a domain that doesn't point via
DNS A record to kamailio, then set that domain as value to 'alias'
global parameter. The alternative is using domain module with
register_myself.

Kamailio is used a lot in multi-domain scenarios, in most of the cases
by using domain module.

If it is not working with alias, then send here the relevant log
messages to be able to spot what the problem is.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla