[SR-Users] switch kamailio to domain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:38:09 CEST 2014

Hello,

if you want to handle the domain.com on the SIP server but the IP of
that domain is pointing elsewhere, just add in kamailio.cfg:

alias=domain.com

An alternative is to use domain module (suitable when you have many
domains and you want to store them in database).

On 21/08/14 19:06, Mihai Marin wrote:
> Hello Sirs,
> The RLS module is eating my life. I just managed to make it work 2
> months ago and now is not working anymore after I tried to put the
> kamailio under domain (until now it was simple ip).
> I don't understand why is not working but I saw a big difference that
> I don't understand:
> My environment:
> - the domain "domain.com <http://domain.com>" is pointing to the web
> server
> - kamailio is hosted under sip.domain.com <http://sip.domain.com>
> - DNS has domain.com <http://domain.com> A record for web server's ip,
> sip.domain.com <http://sip.domain.com> A record for kamailio's ip and
> SRV record for _sip._tcp.domain.com <http://tcp.domain.com> poting to
> sip.domain.dom
> Problem:
> kamailio presence is not working anymore and I think, the error is:
> grep_sock_info - checking if host==us: 11==14 && [domain.com
> <http://domain.com>] == [xx.xx.xx.xx witch is the sip.domain.com
> <http://sip.domain.com> IP]
>
> If, I change domain.com <http://domain.com> in DNS to point on the
> same ip as sip.domain.com <http://sip.domain.com> RLS is working.
> This, I can't understand. Can anyone explain me why is not working
> using this configuration? Also, the RLS is working if i change my
> domain to be sip.domain.com <http://sip.domain.com> (ex:
> sip:user at sip.domain.com <mailto:sip%3Auser at sip.domain.com>).
>

> Thank you.
>

> Best regards,
> Mihai M

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany ::: Oct 15-17, San Francisco, USA