[SR-Users] switch kamailio to domain

Mihai Marin marinmihai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:06:26 CEST 2014

Hello Sirs,
The RLS module is eating my life. I just managed to make it work 2 months
ago and now is not working anymore after I tried to put the kamailio under
domain (until now it was simple ip).
I don't understand why is not working but I saw a big difference that I
don't understand:
My environment:
- the domain "domain.com" is pointing to the web server
- kamailio is hosted under sip.domain.com
- DNS has domain.com A record for web server's ip, sip.domain.com A record
for kamailio's ip and SRV record for _sip._tcp.domain.com poting to
sip.domain.dom
Problem:
kamailio presence is not working anymore and I think, the error is:
grep_sock_info - checking if host==us: 11==14 && [domain.com] ==
[xx.xx.xx.xx witch is the sip.domain.com IP]

If, I change domain.com in DNS to point on the same ip as sip.domain.com
RLS is working. This, I can't understand. Can anyone explain me why is not
working using this configuration? Also, the RLS is working if i change my
domain to be sip.domain.com (ex: sip:user at sip.domain.com).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mihai M