[SR-Users] rtpengine symmetric RTP behavior

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Mon Aug 11 23:40:12 CEST 2014

On Aug 11, 2014, at 5:04 PM, "Narsay, Deep" <deep.narsay at mezocliq.com> wrote:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Yes, that's what I had thought, but
>
> I am actually seeing it using two different UDP ports towards Freeswitch (send=40036 and recv=40042)
>
> and two more ports towards SIP Client (send=40038, and recv=40040).
>
> I am wondering if there is any setting (or flag at compilation time) that will make it symmetric.
>
> This rtpengine is daemon only, (not using kernel module).

Why do you want rtpengine in front of Freeswitch?  Is FS going to give up the media at some point?  You should use as few systems passing media as you can.  If you don't have

disable_rtp_auto_adjust=true

on your sofia profile you should be able to receive media there directly from your clients.

--FC