[SR-Users] Minimalist Kamilio configuration example using dynamic routing module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 17:15:56 CEST 2014

Hello,

installing latest kamailio stable version from git with mysql support is
detailed at:

- http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/4.1.x/git

You will find also a kamailio-basic.cfg (along kamailio.cfg), which is
simpler version.

There is also drouting module, but if you look for least cost routing
solution, you can check also the lcr or carrierroute module.

A simpler solution can be combining mtree and dispatcher modules, like:

- mtree: used to map did to a dispatcher group id (or even to an IP
address if you don't have multiple asterisks to try for same DID)
- dispatcher: used to hold the list of IPs for asterisks, grouped per
IPs of boxes able to handle same bunch of DIDs (dispatcher module has a
complete cfg in the readme, good to start with)

Permissions module can be used if any extra IP checking is needed
(dispatcher module can also test source IP addresses).