[SR-Users] RPC command dlg.list (for large amounts of dialogs)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 09:31:10 CEST 2013

On 9/2/13 9:23 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 03:19 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> At some point we need a framed protocol for this kind of lists. Kamailio
>> builds it in memory before sending. We do need something that sends out
>> chunks.
>
> Perhaps.
>
> In my case, there were about ~800 dialogs.  Assuming 1 kB per dialog -
> even 2 kB, fine, or even 4 kB, given page sizes - that's only a few
> megabytes.  I don't think that's a big deal to build in memory these
> days, although back when I had my 386 SX/40, I would've been pretty
> angry.

I think for ctl there was an enhancement by Richard Fuchs to deal better
with full iovec structure. But with other modules might require some
different approach, e.g., the xmlrpc typically has to build some xml
structure in memory and then print it in a buffer.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -