[SR-Users] voice prompts / early media and kamailio

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed Nov 27 10:04:16 CET 2013

You might want to use the db_extra Parameter in the acc-Module:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/acc.html#idp1653488

modparam("acc", "db_extra", "real_error=$avp(s:real_error)")
(requires a real_error column in the acc-Table)

And in your failure route you could do:
$avp(s:real_error) = $T_reply_code;
// $T_reply_code should be the error-Code from the Transaction, see
// http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/devel/pseudovariables#t_reply_code

Then you should get that info in your acc-Data....

I never tested this, but it should work. We use something similar to
store information about the Call-Forwardings....

Kind regards,
Carsten

> I think it is a conceptual question indeed. You "abuse" the 403 error in
> some table (actually "missed_calls" is for missed calls, not for rejected
> calls) to log/account a rejected call.
>
> Make it more explicit. If you want to track rejected calls, make a dedicated
> table and insert an record into this table at the moment the call is
> redirected to the announcement (not afterwards). You can do this by some
> manual SQL query, or use acc_db_request(comment, table) [1] and manually
> force the accounting in this dedicated table.
>
> regards
> klaus
>

> [1] http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/acc.html#idp1687632
>

> On 26.11.2013 13:36, Oliver Roth wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Based on my problem reported with subject „error handling
>> <http://sip-router.1086192.n5.nabble.com/error-handling-tp123240.html>“
>> I have some other questions.
>>
>> I think it is a conceptual question – and I do not see any solution.
>>
>> I would like to handle Kamailio with carrierroute / carrierfailureroute
>> module different errors.
>>
>> Like 404, 403, busy – or whatever sip error occurs.
>>
>> Some of them need to be sent to a freeswitch playing an announcement
>> (like “this number is blocked”, “no more credit”, …).
>>
>> So if an error occur (lets say 403) then the call is routed by
>> carrierfailurroute to fresswitch playing message for 403.
>>
>> If I am listening the whole message – I get back error 403 at the end
>> and the call is logged in missed calls as error 403 sent from the
>> freeswitch – everything ok.
>>
>> If I cancel the listening by hanging up – 487 is stored in missed_calls
>> – cause I terminated the call before getting error 403 back from
>> freeswitch. èso I loose this important information
>>
>> How can I get back error 403 – play an  announcement and make sure, it
>> is logged as 403 in database?
>>
>> Thanks for helping …
>>
>> Oli

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/