[SR-Users] WORDS_BIGENDIAN error in auth_diameter.h

Sotas Development sotasdev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 11:25:59 CET 2013

Hello All,

We are currently cross compiling Kamailio for powerpc and are encountering
an "issue", of which we want to know whether or not it is intentional. In
the modules/auth_diameter/diameter_msg.h of Kamailio 4.0.4 (latest) we
found the following line:

72:     #error BIG endian detected!!

But it looks like if all the code is in place to make big endian function
as desired. Is this a leftover debug message? The reason we are asking is
because we previously encountered another error with a similar check for
WORDS_BIGENDIAN, in MD5.h.

It appears as the check is built in on multiple places for this
preprocessor directive, however it is not set anywhere. Are we missing a
necessary build step somewhere?
We have solved the issue for now by patching the diameter_msg.h to remove
the #error statement, and start the makefile using:
CC_EXTRA_OPTS = "-DWORDS_BIGENDIAN"

This seems to solve our initial issue, which was an md5 mismatch on
authentication, however we are still unsure if this is a proper workaround,
or if we are missing something else. It would be very nice if someone could
shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance,

Sotas Team
(Pascal, Yuri).