[SR-Users] Google search

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 20:13:03 CET 2013

Hello,

On 11/6/13 7:15 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> this happens to me all the time: when I search for documentation about
> a specific Kamailio module on Google, I always land on outdated
> entries usually from Kamailio 1.6.x.
>
> Although this seems trivial and I could simply update the URL to the
> current version of Kamailio, this may be not so obvious for new users
> and they may end up reading expired documentation and/or implementing
> non-optimal solutions to their problems.
>
> is there a way to only allow indexation of the last documentation?
> Something like removing the version or adding an HTTP 301 to old entries?
removing is not a good option, still lot of people use old versions.

I wanted for long time, but no spare cycles for, anyhow, one of items in
the to-do list once we get the tech admin group is to look at deploying
a search engine for kamailio.org and related relevant sites. If one can
suggest a good application to use, reply here (ideally open source,
mysql+php based, not to install lot of extra dependencies that we don't
have already for other need).

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -