[SR-Users] 4.0 forking behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:45:09 CEST 2013

On 5/13/13 4:38 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 09:30 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Just to understand exactly:
>>
>> A calls B
>> B redirects to C and is captured by proxy
>>
>> then from proxy you have two parallel outgoing branches to C?
>>
>> How you take the address of C and create the branch? uac_redirect or
>> other script functions?
>
> Yes, your understanding of the scenario is correct.
>
> No, I do not use any of the uac_* or contacts functions.  I manually
> catch the 302 in a failure_route, manually parse out the relevant
> details from the Contact header, rewrite the RURI (prior to
> append_branch()), append_branch() and t_relay().

append_branch() is not needed anymore (for couple of releases, actually,
being added in one of the 3.x releases), but should be harmless unless
you do other changes of r-uri/dst-uri after append_branch(). Can you try
without append branch?

Also, can you look at config execution trace to be sure append branch is
not called twice somehow?

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *