[SR-Users] Kamailio config syntax check leads to memory error

Fred fredatjupiter at web.de
Thu Jun 20 10:42:59 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm using Kamailio 3.2.1 with a quite big config file. After adding some
new config lines I did a syntax check of the configuration file with
"kamailio -c -f <file>" and got the following error output:

/opt/kamailio/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/opt/kamailio/lib/kamailio/modules/
  0(28755) : <core> [cfg.lex:1426]: ERROR:lex:addstr: memory allocation
error
  0(28755) : <core> [cfg.lex:1428]: ERROR:lex:addstr: try to increase
pkg size with -M parameter

increasing the pkg memory (-M) or shared memory (-m) has no effect.
I played around with the size of the configuration file with xlog lines
and the cause really seems to be the size of the config file.
Restart of Kamailio is possible without problems, it is only the syntax
check that leads to the memory error output

Is there any possibility to increase the memory for the syntax check?

Regards
Fred