[SR-Users] uac module strange problem

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jun 20 02:06:06 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 06/19/2013 07:44 PM, אורן אברהם wrote:

> I am using uac module for generating some request (even only some
> simple OPTIONS request) and after i send it using uac_req_send() the
> new request is processed as a REPLY (in onreply_route) instead of a
> new request (in request_route) does anyone have a guess why it
> happens ? i've used this module in a similar way before and
> everything worked as expeced.

I think the reply you are seeing is to a different request than the one
that you generated.  Have you done a packet capture and compared their
CSeq values and other identifying attributes?

Also note that a synthetic local request is not going to be intercepted
by a request_route anyhow.  Those are only for requests of an external
origin, not ones that are endogenously generated by the proxy.  In fact,
I am not sure that uac_req_send() requests are intercepted by any route,
even event-route[tm:local-request], but they are certainly not
intercepted in normal request routes.

That only furthers my thesis that the reply you are catching is to a
different request than the one you sent.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC