[SR-Users] Local subscriber lookup / usrloc

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 00:29:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/19/13 9:29 PM, Daniel W. Graham wrote:

> My kamailio implementation sits in front of a group of asterisk
> servers, when a call comes into kamailio it does a series of checks on
> the location of the src and dst to determine if the call is allowed.
> If the src is PSTN  and called user is found in the location table the
> call is passed to an asterisk server for further processing of call
> forwarding options / voicemail / ring time setting etc. However if the
> called account is not found (not currently registered) the call is
> then discarded and voicemail etc can never be accessed.
>
> I can add a avp_db_query to fetch user from the subscriber table vs
> location table lookup. Just wondering if there are any built in
> functions or other efficient ways to handle this that others are doing.

sqlops is recommended for sql queries if you are not tied to some avp
operations.

If you just want to check if the subscriber exists, there is a function
in auth_db module:
- http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/auth_db.html#idp42920

Another one should be in uri_db, available in older versions but not
that much flexible as the above one.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *