[SR-Users] Dispatcher behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:44:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/19/13 1:57 PM, Mino Haluz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with dispatcher settings, and I cannot get it
> working as expected. I would like to have my destination IP1 being
> always probed and some destinations should be marked as active
> non-probing.
>
> So, in my config I have
>
> ds_probing_mode = 0  (documentation: If set to 0, only the gateways
> with state PROBING are tested;)

probing is intermediary state, toward active or inactive. So with first
threshold result, it switches to the appropriate state.

> Ok, so I set flag = 8 in dispatcher list for IP1 (documentation: 3
> (value 8) - probing destination (sending keep alives);)
>
> Restart of kamailio, host IP1 is AP, after first interval (10sec),
> 200OK from gateway is received, and host becomes AX (active
> non-probing). Why ?? What I expect is that host stays AP.  Why the
> probing mode is turned off when first check is OK?
>
> I can somehow do it with ds_probing_mode = 1 but this is not I want -
> I need that some gateways are not probed at all (documentation: if set
> to 1, all gateways are tested - useless for me)
>
> I tried every flag range 0-10. I think it does not work as
> documentation states or I simply do not understand its meaning.
>
> Please help me to have this clear, this module is quite critical for us.
Probably it is needed a new flag to say NOPROBE when ds_probing_mode = 1
. I will try to look over it when I have some time.

Cheers,
Danie

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *