[SR-Users] kamailio and virtual IP

Victor Torre Antunez victor.torre at stoneworksolutions.net
Fri Jun 14 08:39:01 CEST 2013

If you run kamailio under Linux, you could change this kernel parameter:

# *echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind
*

http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-nonlocal-bind.html

If set, allows processes to bind() to non-local IP addresses. I tested in
Kamailio 3.x.x (I don´t remember wich version) and it works.

Victor

2013/6/14 Mino Haluz <mino.haluz at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I want to do this:
>
> 2 hosts, with 2 running kamailios, every host has 1 IP address and hostA
> has virtualIP assigned. kamailio should run on both hosts. I made a script
> which can transfer virtual IP from hostA to hostB.
>
> The problem is, I cannot tell kamailio to use virtualIP on hostB because,
> when I set
>
> listen=virtualIP:5060 - it cannot start because virtualIP is not present
> listen=0.0.0.0:5060 and force_send_socket(virtualIP) - it does not work
> as virtualIP is not in the listen list
>
> Some hint? I could run kamailio automatically after chaning IP address,
> but it requires time to load, so it will not be as quick as I change simply
> the owner of virtual IP.
>
> Thanks,
> Mino

*Victor Torre Antúnez