[SR-Users] kamailio and virtual IP

Mino Haluz mino.haluz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 08:15:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to do this:

2 hosts, with 2 running kamailios, every host has 1 IP address and hostA
has virtualIP assigned. kamailio should run on both hosts. I made a script
which can transfer virtual IP from hostA to hostB.

The problem is, I cannot tell kamailio to use virtualIP on hostB because,
when I set

listen=virtualIP:5060 - it cannot start because virtualIP is not present
listen=0.0.0.0:5060 and force_send_socket(virtualIP) - it does not work as
virtualIP is not in the listen list

Some hint? I could run kamailio automatically after chaning IP address, but
it requires time to load, so it will not be as quick as I change simply the
owner of virtual IP.

Thanks,
Mino