[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.0 & Asterisk realtime (Failed to import bind_ob, auth: qop set, but nonce-count ...)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jun 7 11:33:21 CEST 2013

7 jun 2013 kl. 11:20 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> first, as pointed in other related discussions in this mailing list, it might be better to use a different approach if you start everything from scratch. That will be doing all signaling handling in kamailio and use asterisk only as media server. Practically all user data is in kamailio, routing to asterisk only when needed for media services. The tutorial is more targeting existing asterisk deployments. Nevertheless, see more comments inline.
Here's a presentation from Astricon 2010 where I discuss multiple types of integration between Asterisk and Kamailio. The one in the tutorial
is, as Daniel says, focused on limited impact on an existing Asterisk installation and it's not one I recommend if you start from scratch with
a new architecture.

Read it through to get a view of a couple of different approaches:
http://www.slideshare.net/oej/astricon-2010-scaling-asterisk-installations

/O

-----
Edvina SIP Masterclass in Malaga, Spain, July 2013
Learn more about Kamailio and SIP!
http://edvina.net/blog/2013/01/sipmaster-malaga-2013/
Register now!