[SR-Users] kamcmd vs kamctl

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 19:30:29 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/3/13 4:47 PM, DanB wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> since I am considering administrating kamailio over console, I was
> wondering what is the current recommended way to do it:
>
>  * kamcmd - new tool, lost track of it's existing support
>  * kamctl - old tool, many commands returning "ERROR: command
> disabled" - eg LCR ones.
both are maintained and probably you need both.

First is a tool, kamcmd, is written in C for communication with kamailio
using binrcp - practically executing RPC commands. It can connect from a
remote host.

Second one, kamctl, is a shell wrapper managing kamailio database and
communicating with kamailio via fifo file by default, but it can invoke
sercmd as well (see kamctlrc for setting ctl engine). Thus, at the end
of the day, you may just use kamctl, but with kamcmd used inside.

Support for lcr was not maintained by the developer of the module as the
tables got quite complex in the structure, requiring many parameters.
But if someone wants to introduce them back, it is no problem.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *