[SR-Users] Using kamailio to play early media announcements

Adnan 112linuxstockholm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 12:57:57 CEST 2013

Thanks Olle. I know it's like asking MySQL to implement a picture filter ..
:-)  but I am still wondering in what scenario do we use the following two
functions from the rtpproxy module:

rtpproxy_stream2uac(prompt_name, count),
rtpproxy_stop_stream2uac()

I am using the latest kamailio 4.0.3 and rtpproxy is running on the same
machine and have encoded the voice prompt using makeann that comes with the
rtpproxy.

Would it playback the prompt as early media if kamailio on receiving the
INVITE from the phone, replies with 183 Ringing with some manually crafted
suitable sdp attached, can I then use some the above functions to playback
the prompt as early media?

I know it works with SEMs and others media gws and granted that it is a
functionality not expected from a proxy but I am simply interested in
answering the question whether it is possible with latest kamailio and
rtpproxy and there is no other requirement restricting one when it comes to
the configuration.

If early media playback is not possible then what are the above rtpproxy
functions for?

/Adnan