[SR-Users] Using kamailio to play early media announcements

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Aug 17 12:27:08 CEST 2013

16 aug 2013 kl. 16:48 skrev Adnan <112linuxstockholm at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I know that this is not the purpose of the proxy but there is a situation in which our kamailio needs to playback early media for a small number of calls.
>
> Which module will be most suitable for this?
>

> One way is to use rtpproxy and just functions such asrtpproxy_stream2... to play back the prompts to the caller.
>
> Note that the caller is not behind NAT or behind any symmetric firewall. So we a free to choose.
>
> We know we could do it easily by dispatching to asterisk where we use the Progress() app or similar for freeswitch but we don't want add the overhead of a new media server installation and configuration.
>
> We need a kamailio based one box solution.

Then you have to write your own module, since Kamailio by design does not handle media. Period.

It's like asking MySQL to implement a picture filter for filters stored in the database, it's just not in the design. Kamailio is a SIP server that works with many media servers, but it's not a media server.

Having said that you can propably fake a 183 and have a media server like SEMS do it, but adding Asterisk is pretty much the same.

/O