[SR-Users] Using kamailio to play early media announcements

Adnan 112linuxstockholm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:48:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

I know that this is not the purpose of the proxy but there is a situation
in which our kamailio needs to playback early media for a small number of
calls.

Which module will be most suitable for this?

One way is to use rtpproxy and just functions such asrtpproxy_stream2... to
play back the prompts to the caller.

Note that the caller is not behind NAT or behind any symmetric firewall. So
we a free to choose.

We know we could do it easily by dispatching to asterisk where we use the
Progress() app or similar for freeswitch but we don't want add the overhead
of a new media server installation and configuration.

We need a kamailio based one box solution.