[SR-Users] turning off rev. dns

Christopher Holland christech at skyviewtech.com
Mon Oct 22 20:11:24 CEST 2012

I'm setting up Homer with kamailio for sip capturing. I've got it all
set up and am getting this error. I have one interface for packet
capture on a mirroired port and one interface for managment. I'm
thinking that I have to only have kamailio listen on the packet capture
interface and not the managment interface. Would that resolve this issue?

/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/
  0(1832) WARNING: <core> [socket_info.c:1406]: WARNING: fix_hostname:
could not rev. resolve 192.168.111.88
Listening on
              udp: 127.0.0.1:5060
              udp: 192.168.111.88:5060
Aliases:
              udp: localhost:5060

config file ok, exiting...

sense it's a local address it's not possible to do a rev. resolve of
that address. Is there a way to turn off the rev. resolve.

I've looked at this in the trouble shooting faq.

    How do I avoid Reverse-DNS-Lookups?

A: Simply not use src_ip = "11.22.33.44" and use instead src_ip =
11.22.33.44! We had in our installation some serious trouble with
requests coming from systems, where the hostname could not be reverse
resolved (the DNS-Server responsible for this IP-Range was poorly
configured and would not answer at all).