[SR-Users] Remote Commands

Ed Brady ebrady at talkforgood.com
Mon Oct 22 17:34:32 CEST 2012

This is connecting to a completely separate B/OSS that also handles this
sort of integration with our other SIP switch (different purpose and
software), and with our cellular admin interface. For all of these they
have used SOAP APIs as that is what has been available to interface with
the other systems. When looking at the best way to interface with Kamailio,
it looked like XMLRPC was the way to go. Their use case is very simple
though as they only need to essentially "sync" accounts between another
switch we have. This means when they create an account on the other switch,
they need to create it on this switch, and same with removing it. I am
tempted to give them a key for SSH and have them run the same commands I
use to perform this, but am hesitant to rely on a persistent SSH connection
in this way.

Ed