[SR-Users] Shared Call Appearances module

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Nov 20 21:43:23 CET 2012

Hello Andrew,

First of all, thank you for sharing your work.
I was following this thread and I have a couple of questions.  Why do
you need to bind to the usrloc module? The subscription itself should
be sufficient because if a phone will unregister, it will also
unsubscribe, which leads me to the following question: why not add a
new dedicated module for call-info presence and reuse the existing
infrastructure from kamailio for handling subscriptions/presence.  In
this case, your module should just push PUBLISH events to the presence
server and the server will automatically send out notifications for
subscribers that subscribed to call-info events.

Based on your README file, you inspect SIP requests/replies and based
on the presence of the call-info header, you create call-info events.
This is great for sharing the appearances between phones, but how do
you perform the retrieval of a call that was put on hold?  Are you
using a dedicated B2BUA behind kamailio?

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

--
VoIP Embedded, Inc.