[SR-Users] Shared Call Appearances module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:16:00 CET 2012

On 11/20/12 8:43 PM, Andrew Mortensen wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2012, at 4:08 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> thank for contribution!

>>> Not yet, no. I don't think it would take much work, though.
>> I see it binds to usrloc, what information needs from there? We have two such modules right now, it would be good to make it work with both, kamailio's one has more features in regard to GRUU and partial outbound extensions.
> It's registering for contact expiration and deletion events. The callback terminates subscriptions for the expired/deleted contact. This should probably be configurable.

Ok, so it is about when a contact record in removed from location.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, do you consider to make configurable
this termination of subscriptions based on location?

Also, you need only the AoR and contact address in a callback for
location record removal event (un-registration or registration
expiration), right?

>> Would you consider adding it to main git repository and maintaining it there?
> Yes, that would be great.

We will prepare write access for you.

>   Would you prefer to have it in modules? I started work on it in modules_s, but there's no particular reason it has to stay there.
To make it work with both variants of usrloc modules, I think it
requires some split of the code. IIRC, both modules still use same names
for structures, so including files from both of them will fail.

One solutions I am thinking of is to add two small modules, one that
binds to usloc(k) and the other to usrloc(s). Each of these two modules
will export a function that allow registering callbacks for execution
when a location record expires, giving the aor, contact and event type.
The existing module will use the intermediate module instead of directly
binding to usrloc structures.

Usrloc module from kamailio has more enhancements in regards to standard
extensions for location services, still it lacks the feature of being
able to store variables per contact record. It is the reason that kept
back the removal (upon merging) of usrloc module from ser. The solution
with intermediary modules should work until we have a merged usrloc module.

What do you think about this proposal?