[SR-Users] kamailio - mysql master-slave connection question

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:38:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

In my system configuration, i use 2 DB servers.
One will be the master and the other is the slave.

In kamailio cfg, I set the mysql server as a host name (not ip). On my DNS
server the ip behind the name is the master`s address.

I wonder, if I stop the mysqld on the master, and change the ip address in
the DNS to the slave`s address. Than i do "kamctl dispatcher reload"...

Will kamailio go to the DNS, find the address and connect to the slave?

BR,
Uri