[SR-Users] branches usage

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:46:40 CEST 2012

In my case i need to change the header and then send it.

Here the case works if i make the changes after i sent the invite and got
the reply. As i know the t_on_branch will work after the invite is sent...
am i wrong?

There are many questions to ask about the branches... when do they work in
a serial manner, when parallel... where can i find it documented best?

Hi,

try the following:

route {
  # Whatever you do in your main-route....
   t_on_branch("modify_contact");
# Whatever you do in your main-route, the branch route is
automatically triggered for each branch.
  t_relay();
}

branch_route[modify_contact] {
  remove_hf("Contact");
  append_hf("Contact: sip:whatever at
something<http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users>
\r\n");
}

failure_route[failure_from_np] {
  # You need to modify the triggered branch_route again, otherwise the
same branch_route will triggered again...
}

Just calling "append_branch" does not help.

Carsten