[SR-Users] Making dialog module work for me !!

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:47:35 CEST 2012

Hello

I've two problems regarding dialog module- used for profiling users that
are in-a-call.

My topology is quiet simple.

SIP-USER-71141---->Kamailio------------->Asterisk[AGI]||
CALLEE<-----------------Kamailio<--------------------------------||

1- I wish to store my custom SIP header value in profiles.

I'm having trouble in figuring out on how to use Dialog_vars table in my
kamailio server. I'm using dialog module to profile SIP users that are in
call or making a call. It works well and the dialog maintains an entry when
the call is established. Now, the difficult part is that I want my custom
header to be inserted into either dialog table or dialog_vars table such
that when I do a query "*is_in_profile("$avp(my_value)")*" it returns me a
result.

2- Alternative to 1, I can log A,B leg separately but it doesn't erase all
data on call hangup.

Asterisk AGI changes the caller-id of SIP-USERA such that if it was 71141
it would be something like "007" on its way out to destination via
kamailio. Now, at this point in kamailio when the call is answered by
destination the dialog module saves the call data with values corresponding
to "007" and not "71141".
I have to disable the "dialog", "detect_spirals" in order to count this one
call as two separate entities BUT problem occurs when on hangup the B-Leg
gets erased from the table but the A-leg remains in DB for as long as
 infinity.

Please help me in this.
Let me know if more details are required from me.

Regards,
Sammy G.