[SR-Users] Reply 503 was replaced to 500

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:18:48 CEST 2012

Hello,

sending a >=300 reply is for an not-established dialog, which eventually
can be forked by proxy, meaning many 1xx replies can get to caller, then
many >=300 replies can get to the proxy which will chose which one to
use for sending back to the caller.

Doing a t_reply(...) with a different code than the received one is like
having two branch, one locally and one from where the reply is received,
but you decide to reply from the local one. So if the caller device has
problems with this case, the it will have problems with serial/parallel
forking.

For accounting you can save incoming to-tag in an avp and store it in a
separate column in acc table. But setting the to-tag for t_reply() is
not possible at this time.

Btw, have you tried instead the change_reply_status() function?

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/textopsx.html#textopsx.change_reply_status