[SR-Users] Kamailio Proxy and Asterisk

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:50:12 CET 2012

Hi,

Kamailio is definitely the exact tool for this purpose, I have exactly the
same setup running as yours and for scalability we started using Kamailio
in front of our asterisk servers. Long story short, read these articles.

http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.1.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdb
http://saevolgo.blogspot.com/2011/11/increasing-voip-services-capacity.html

Once after setting up the environments you don't need Public IPs on your
asterisk servers. Just only for Kamailio server(s)

Regards,
Sammy.