[SR-Users] Kamailio Proxy and Asterisk

Stoyan Mihaylov stoyan.v.mihaylov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:22:59 CET 2012

In Asterisk - sip.conf
[MyKamailioUser]
type = friend
host = 192.168.2.2 - internal IP of Kamailio
insecure = port,invite
context = {where you would like to get calls - you can use default, or not
use this part at all}
In Asterisk - only authentication is based on IP of Kamailio server.

In Kamailio, I am using:
ds_select_dst("1","4");
to get Asterisk from pool (if you have more then one asterisk behind
Kamailio)
and then - t_relay, instead of forward, because my Asterisk has only
internal IP. Calls are sent back to Kamailio in case of calling other user,
or directly to provider. Asterisk also is connected via registrar to
provider for incomming calls.
In my configuration, I am using some dirty solutions for problems with ACK
and BYE, but more or less everything works fine. rtpproxy - solves problems
with NAT, and users must not use STUN.