[SR-Users] Kamailio Proxy and Asterisk

Greg Mannie greg at latigi.com
Tue Jan 31 07:16:18 CET 2012

Hello,

We have been using Asterisk for sometime and over the last year have
started hosting instances for our clients on a vmware platform.  These
virtual pbx are located on public ip addresses and each customer has
their own SIP trunk arrangements with various providers.   We have
decided to pool our resources and would like to start aggregating
traffic.

 From reading online I have installed Kamailio 3.1.x with Asterisk
1.6.x. On top of this I have installed Siremis 3.2 in hopes of using
it as a graphical front end.

I am wanting to use Kamailio as a proxy to the SIP providers and allow
the Asterisk to register only with Kamailio.  Is there a link to some
example configs with a tutorial pertaining to this type of deployment?

If this is a good solution, it is my intention to recommend a
consultant be hired to assist with a production server.  I just need
to learn allot more, before I can recommend Kamailio for the job.

Do you think it's a good fit?

Thank you for your kind responses,

Greg