[SR-Users] Trouble Setting up Kamailio

Peter Schrock peter.schrock at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 23:23:07 CEST 2011

I am using the site:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-3.1.x-from-git
to load up Kamailio on my ppc using Leopard X. I managed to figure out the
mysql issue and got it to install, but now there are some variances to the
instruction from the stated install site and I am kind of lost. If I could
get some help with the following

- "7. Create MySQL database"
   This whole section seems confusing. It doesn't say what I am suppose to
look for. I am sure what it says is all you need to do,
   but I am not sure if it is completed correctly or not.
- "8. Edit configuration file"
   This section could use more specific information as to how to set up the
configuration file.
- "9. The init.d script"
   This section says I am suppose to put "*kamailio.init*" in the directory
"*/etc/init.d*",
   then I am suppose chmod after it is copied. First of, I don't have that
directory,
   am I suppose to create it or is it suppose to be created already?
   Also, it says to "*adduser*" with some options. Every time I try, I get
the error message
   that it doesn't recognize the "*adduser*" command.

Please help

Peter