[SR-Users] Use of SIPP along with kamailio - REGISTER followed by INVITE not working

Tue Jan 4 15:14:52 CET 2011

Am 04.01.2011 08:59, schrieb Stephen McVarnock:

> 2) I tried to REGISTER the SIPP endpoint in a single xml scenario file
> with kamailio. This works as per usual. I then killed
> the SIPP instance and ran a new SIPP script listening on the same port
> before trying to send the INVITE to it. I expected this to work
> as the SIPP scenarios (both sending REGISTER and expecting INVITE)
> listened on the same port. However, the INVITE was not
> received by the SIPP endpoint. Can anyone think of a reason for this?

That should work - if you use UDP and the time interval between REGISTER
and INVITE is small (<30 seconds to avoid NAT/FW issues).

Of course, it also depends if sipp is behind NAT/FW and the Contact used
by sipp during REGISTER is correct. If there is some kind of NAT/FW then
you should use fix_nated_register() before save().

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.0.x/modules_k/nathelper.html#id2610858
Read carefully and set the mentioned module parameters!

regards
Klaus